Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Opinions ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Uncle_Buck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions ?

I've got a team associated sc8.2e and I'm looking to add a vehicle I've narrowed it down to the hpi vorza flux , hpi firestorm flux , losi 8ight or a team associated pro sc10 4x4 any opinions?
Old 12-05-2016, 07:41 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

You already got a SC. Hands down, go with a 1/8 scale buggy. I don't care what it is...as long as it's 1/8 scale.

The platform choices you listed...any particular reasoning for them? I'm just curious since you go from 1/8 scale buggies, to 1/10 scale stadium truck, then to another 4wd SCT.

I'm an Associated fan who is still in the market for the ProSC 4x4, but it would have to be at the right price. I'm hoping Associated kindles the 4wd SCT market with something that would put smiles on the faces of bashers and racers. The ProSC is not so pro-ish in my mind...sorry AE. If I had to have the best SCT out there...Losi, or Tekno would be the place to look IMO.

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-05-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Uncle_Buck

Well my sc is for lack of a better term tired and needs a little tlc which I definitely will get around to doing cause I absolutely love that truck I had a traxxas summit and it was a complete piece of garbage and broke constantly and I really wasn't feeling the crawling / bashing I was doing with it kinda like the racing around and bashing with my sc more and always wanted a buggy and the hpi and losi stand out as the best build and quality although they are also the most expensive outta the bunch
Old 12-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Uncle_Buck

And your right about the 1/8 the scale it's the best in my opinion but the 1/10 I find to be not that bad just a bit limited
Old 12-05-2016, 09:12 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Your Summit is like my Yeti. It was my outlet from the normal RCing I do. I was needing something to fill my monster truck, scaler, 4x4 trail runner desires. The Yeti does nothing great, but still is fun to whip around all kinds of rough stuff; at moderate speeds...I guess that's what rock racer terminology means?

I'm sure you will narrow down your decision. It took me roughly six months before settling on the Yeti, and it took me one battery pack to know I can't be without my RC8.2e!
Old 12-06-2016, 04:44 AM
Uncle_Buck

You the second person that has said the same thing about the rc8.2e gotta look into that one more
Old 12-06-2016, 04:46 AM
Uncle_Buck

If I'm not mistaken the rc8.2e is a kit and doesn't come in a rtr right?
Old 12-06-2016, 05:54 AM
Uncle_Buck

What do u think of the arrama typhoon I hear its a great buggy but don't really know much about it or arrama as a company