Hello

http://www.hobbynet-jp.com/blog-oxai/

I think Oxai will build real planes.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:10 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Typical - just got my new Oxai plane. And now no more pattern planes from them it seems?
No spare parts I assume will be available if needed for existing planes.
I think I will at least get a spare landing gear and tailwheel for my Oxai plane if it is still possible to get it, You never know if one get a crack in the carbon gear later or the tiny (and little frigile as it seems) tail wheel will get broken.

Hope my Oxai plane will fly well and I hope it will last long for me since this one I plan to have several years.
It is an Galactika by the way.

In the link that is in previous post they say (according to Google translator).

Monday, 28 March 2016
Notice of OXAI F3A production stop
Do not go and not a very disappointing announcement, came walking together more than 15 years, will stop at the end production of F3A the of June production oxai!
oxai is directed to the actual production from the model than before, the dream becomes more realistic, not made ​​to be directed at the entire company for the approval of the CAAC and FAA, at a branch point to a big decision as oxai did.
I would like to support their decision.

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 03-29-2016 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:57 AM
MAVROS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad to see another one go but i think they priced themselves out of business .....$6000 for a bit of painted balsa me not think so.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:14 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm confused by the reference to the FAA and CAAC
I wonder if another company will buy the molds and rights
Old 03-29-2016, 03:50 AM
bem

Whatever the reason is that Oxai seems to select to not make any more pattern model airplanes they for sure made rather high quality planes and the paint/finish is amazing good. But they are(was) expensive of course, probably little to much expensive to reach any broad audience of F3A flyers. For me it was just that I wanted to have a really good plane with high quality at least one time in my F3A flying life. More or less once in life for me. At least I can not afford to buy such expensive plane (as an Oxai Galactika that I have now) every time I want or need a new F3A plane.

But it is many other good manufacturer out there so the show will go on without Oaxi I suppose.

/Bo
Old 03-29-2016, 04:29 AM
bem

https://www.facebook.com/oxai.f3a/
---------------------
OXAI F3A
2 hours ago
Dear OXAI customers and F3A friends:
I am very grateful to you for trusting our company and flying with OXAI airplanes for such a long time.
Our Light Sport Aircraft project has already entered into a critical stage. For the sake of OXAI’s development,I am very sorry to inform you: We will stop the production and sales of F3A on June 30, 2016. After-sale service will also be stopped at the same time. We are genuinely sorry for the inconvenience we have brought to you
Finally, thanks again for your support and concern which you have been showing us.

Yang
----------------------------
regards,
Bo
Old 03-29-2016, 08:37 AM
KC8QPU

This doesn't surprise me at all. Just take a look around your local club field. What do you see? Mostly cheap foam. Or way overpriced foam planes. Not to mention all the stability systems everyone, I mean everyone pretty much flies anymore. Yes Pattern is rather unique. But I don't think the general pilots look at it like that anymore. At our field we are looked at as kind of a step child. Flying our pattern hinders or gets in the way of others. Funny how they can 3d fly just feet off the flight line though. Most now a days don't care about flying smooth and precise. That's painful.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:06 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I thought Oxai planes were very expensive ... then I looked at the price of a jet ... after that it didn't seem that ridiculous !
Old 04-01-2016, 03:31 PM
MAVROS

Is this the end of GP Power f3a........?
Old 04-02-2016, 05:55 AM
bem

Originally Posted by MAVROS
Is this the end of GP Power f3a........?
Hi,
There are some clear advantages with Glow Powered (basically the YS DZ185 CDI) F3A planes.
I do not think use of GP F3A planes will end for long time. Still some manufacturer make GP and EP (and Contra) versions of F3A planes.
For example BJ Craft and CK Aero/X-TREME Composite offer GP versions.

It will be interesting to see what plane the present World Champion Christophe Paysant-Le Roux will fly in the future now that his present Galactika is not made anymore by Oxai. I would be surprised if he do not continue to fly Glow Powered F3A planes in the future.
But I suppose it will maybe be slightly scarce to find GP F3A planes as times goes - it is at least not a trend to be more GP F3A planes from the various F3A plane manufacturer that exists.

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 05-12-2016 at 03:21 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:31 AM
MTK

Originally Posted by bem
Hi,
There are some clear advantages with Glow Powered (basically the YS DZ185 CDI) F3A planes.
I do not think use of GP F3A planes will end for long time. Still some manufacturer make GP and EP (and Contra) versions of F3A planes.
For example BJ Craft and CK Aero/X-TREME Composite offer GP versions.

It will be interesting to see what plane the present World Champion Christophe Paysant-Le Roux will fly in the future now that his present Galactika is not made anymore by Oxai. I would be surprised if he do not continue to fly Glow Powered F3A planes in the fiúture.
But I suppose it will maybe be slightly scarce to find GP F3A planes as times goes - it is at least not a trend to be more GP F3A planes from the various F3A plane manufacturer that exists.

/Bo
Any electric airframe is convertible to gasoline or glow. It doesn't matter if it's balsa and ply or all composite. It just takes building skill and ingenuity....

If glow goes away, there is always the OS GT33, DA35, DLE35 and DLE40 twin cylinder which only weighs 1 ounce more than the OS. Sure all of these are sport engines but are easily convertible to pattern. So I'd say No, Gas Power will never die.

As far as OXAI no longer supporting the pattern community, that's not a bad thing in my opinion. They were too much money tending to drive prices up from everyone else. On the other hand, I doubt that they would drop CPLR; dropping every one else is just a business decision. Should they drop him of course he has choices.

Last edited by MTK; 04-14-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:36 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is Oxai's proyect unveiled,

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...ian-abace-2016

As they said, they are dedicationg all efforts and resources to this, and it looks great.

CPLR has already a new manufacturer, everybody moves on.

They might be gone, but there is still a lot in the market including Naruke's kits or RTF airplanes, Oxai was a less expensive way to get the latest biplanes from Naruke, also Brian Hebert has been putting more and more time and efforts in his designs, there are a lot of Brian's planes out there, and he remains one of the best sources and is affordable. Between Brian and Naruke they have a lot in the market as many others in Europe ans Asia either electric or the only competitive choice for IC the YS.

The problem is F3A is slowing down, or at least it appears, the 2017 seems it will be in Qatar, as it is the only bid FAI has received, so it is either that on no 2017 WC, that will be really bad.....
Old 04-25-2016, 05:04 AM
can773

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by apereira

CPLR has already a new manufacturer, everybody moves on.
Spill the beans Alejandro!
Old 04-25-2016, 05:47 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, can't, not up to me. You know how it is hehehehe
Old 04-25-2016, 10:45 AM
viva_peru

The plane that Oxai appears to be working on looks very similar to the Icon A5. At a little over $274K, I do not see how they think they could be successful in such a crowded market. There are quite a few LSA aircraft to pick from and the market is not that large. From a practical point of view, these airplanes offer very little for the price; other than being new. I have enclosed a link to a discussion about the Icon over at homebuiltairplanes.com. It makes for amusing reading:

http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/fo...eliveries.html

Now back to pattern....

Last edited by viva_peru; 04-25-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:53 PM
MAVROS

Yeah....Naruke models are far too expensive .
It would be nice if a cheaper manufacturer takes over .

The way this hobby is getting out of hand it will self destruct or maybe we will go back to building our own models

Rgds
Old 04-25-2016, 10:50 PM
bem

Originally Posted by MAVROS
Yeah....Naruke models are far too expensive .
It would be nice if a cheaper manufacturer takes over .
The way this hobby is getting out of hand it will self destruct or maybe we will go back to building our own models
Rgds
Hi,
I think it is nice that we have a broad spectrum of F3A model manufacturer, from cheaper entry level models to the top of the line very high quality models with super finish with top flying qualities if trimmed correctly. But in my view as much as possible much be done, from manufacturer of F3A planes, to attract Young people to this section of our hobby. If no new generation F3A pilots (in entry, mid, and high classes) it will be hopeless in the end. It would be interesting to know how many F3A planes was/is sold by the most expensive manufacturer like Oxai and Naruke. It is for sure a market of these very expensive models they make, I'm a livng proof of that (bought an Oxai model for this season). If one want a top of the line model it is nice it is available, but the price tag is usually up in the blue and not that many modellers would like or can spend that amount of money on a F3A model.
But on the bright side there are reasonably priced F3A planes. I'm thinking of for example BJ Craft, GB Models (bipes) and Sebart.
At some point, as maneouvers get more and more demanding and complicated the models must be very accurate built and trimmed to be able to perform the maneouvers, this will make it harder for people to build their own models. It is so sad that it is so scare that F3A flyers build their own models (own designs or from "kit"). It is nice that for example CK Aero has released a builders kit of their popular F3A model, and CA Models has also some kits. Some want to build more and not just assemble a plane. That TopRCModels has an affordable F3A plane is also great.
As for Oxai it is hard to believe that economical facts did not play a role in the decision to stop production of their F3A planes. One of the main goals to produce things is usually to make profit, and if profit maybe is not so good why continue? But Oxai had F3A plane for over 15 years so they must have sold reasonably amount of models each year in the past or they would probably have stoped earlier.

I think it will take a while before F3A in a worse case scenario would reach self destruction, I see brighter on the future for F3A then Mavros.

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 04-26-2016 at 01:33 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:03 AM
MAVROS

Hi Bem,

I agree with you ......lets hope someone takes over from where OXAI left
Or maybe someone already has!!!!

rgds
Old 04-26-2016, 04:12 AM
MTK

Bem, with all due respect, the bottom line regarding pattern models is not the pretty finish and countless hours of rubbing the finish until it shines back like glass. There's a large associated cost with those hours. It's beautiful to look at, agreed, but not an F3A or AMA requirement.

Some of the stuff I've seen from TopRCModel and Xtreme Compsites is quite accurately built. And is very lightweight. Finish is just okay and not to the Oxai extreme, but plenty adequate for flying.

Ours is a flying event; I'm sure you know that. Frankly I never understood why anyone would pay so much money to buy the real expensive models available when much less expensive choices that flew at least as well were available. And I'm not talking about the dozen of us left that still build our own.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:54 AM
bem

MTK;
I understand what You mean. For me personally why I selected an Oxai plane this time:

At first I was waiting to see if the Sebart PrometheS was going to be released. I like Sebart planes from the past (I have 4 Sebart models previously, the last a MythoS Pro). That level of quality suits me just fine, and they fly very well also in my opinion. But since Sebart has not released PrometheS yet it had to be another plane. After long thinking and saving for a new plane I wanted to try an Oxai plane, excellent quality and WC model. Galactika. Fun to see how good it flyes when properly trimmed in (as good as I have knowledge and ability to) and I hope to fly it at least 3 seasons. It will not be any more such superexpensive models for me, it was once in a life time purchase.
I can not blame the plane now if I fly bad
I have only 20 flights on it but so far it seems promising, I like how it fly and I have only made rough trimming so far.
In future when I will retire my Galactika (if it survive that long) I will go back to more midpriced models since they can fly very good also properly trimmed in.
The superfinish of Oxai models is of course nice to look at but is not important really - the flight characteristics are really what counts for me also.
There is a downside to have such superfinish on a model like an Oaxi plane has - every scratch show more
And I'm little surprised how fragile the finish is, it is very easy to get dents. Oxai sent with the model very nice transport cover for whole model to protect it during transport, that is really needed. I have heard Oaxi do not use glass fibre on stab and wings, it is some paper, like Japanese tissue paper or similar, and the surface is not as hard and scratch resistant then despite the clear coat that is like a mirror.

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 04-26-2016 at 01:04 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:08 AM
papaone

Received 129 Likes on 72 Posts

Hello

Bem
Galactik or Galactika is awesome. You would write to CPLR to get advices. He is a very nice guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rEaDYUHH8c
Old 04-26-2016, 07:15 AM
papaone

Hello

My opinion about Oxai plane :.
I built personal design plane (Harmonie) for me and friends.
if I count the hours (French hourly rate) to build the plane costs a lot more expensive than a plane Oxaï.
claude

Last edited by papaone; 04-26-2016 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:47 AM
bem

Originally Posted by papaone
Hello

Bem
Galactik or Galactika is awesome. You would write to CPLR to get advices. He is a very nice guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rEaDYUHH8c
Hi papaone,

I do not think I dare

/Bo
Old 04-26-2016, 10:35 AM
papaone

Hello Bem

I sent you PM.
Christophe have tried plane Passion I built and give advices about set up to young owner in french championship.
Claude
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2passion095.jpg
Views:	1419
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	2159285   Click image for larger version

Name:	2passion097.jpg
Views:	1180
Size:	937.5 KB
ID:	2159286  

Last edited by papaone; 04-26-2016 at 10:43 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.