Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetcat service does not exist ! !

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetcat service does not exist ! !

Old 01-28-2016, 10:57 AM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Jetcat service does not exist ! !

I will never agian spend my money on a company that treats their customers like this.

I sent my engine in to have a dented can an bearings replaced. After several calls I and being fed BS over and over ...I'm now here posting this to warn others that are thinking of buying a jetcat.

It has now been 15 week's since the they received my engine and today I was told that they're WAITING FOR PARTS!!!!!!!

Last edited by j.duncker; 01-30-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:06 AM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Which model of turbine.?

d.w.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:10 AM
TTRotary

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you spoken with John Redman directly? In my experience, things only move forward when he moves them. They definitely know what they are doing technically, but I agree that they are seriously disorganized when it comes to communication and process. I suspect they have a ton of units going through there and customer "orders" get easily sidetracked.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:11 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Could it possibly be that they are waiting on parts?
Old 01-28-2016, 12:34 PM
Len Todd

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I have had a lot of luck calling on the phone and asking for John, if it is a tech issue, and Dennis, if it is an administrative issue. I also keep in mind that: One catches more flies with honey than with vinegar. Just have to keep things in perspective (i.e. No one is dying because of toy delivery delays.) These turbines are toys!

Over the years, I have learned that many service businesses have to be in multiple businesses to survive. This causes confusion and often precludes immediate response to customers, at times. I have found that a lot of patience typically pays off. Unfortunately for us, if a turbine goes down in the flying season, you have to have a spare Turbine (or Plane), especially if you have a short season like us above the Mason-Dixon Line. But in the off-season, who really cares if it takes 15 days or 15 weeks for a part? Of course if you are headed for FL Jets, things could be a little different. Thus, ... have more than one plane or engine. Of course, if the spare is in the shop too, then repair turnaround time may be a factor.

Another souce of delay is waiting for a container to come from Europe/Asia. Not having a well organized order to ensure that a container is filled with the right stuff can also be a problem. But, what happens when a container is washed overboard or lost in the storage yard? These kinds of things happen! Ever lose a set of keys?

We have 11 Jet Guys in our club. There may be one or two brands that I have not seen at the field. But, ... My personal belief, after watching all the issues at the field, is that all brands have troubles. Some of the troubles are our lack of knowledge. Some are just defective parts, etc. Some are a product that was not tested well enough for product release. None of these issues are a direct cause of John's or his tech's. They can't manufacture spare parts and/or whip up new ECU programs. etc.

I also, believe we are subjected to being the beta tester for all new models. Unfortunately for JetCatUSA, they inherit all of JetCat's poor-design/manufacturing problems. Maybe the blame for not getting a part in a timely manner falls on the Manufacturer versus the USA Contact. After all how can JetCat USA stock all the parts for all the models not knowing which toy will break today?? And they have a month or two lead times to deal with.

Another source of delay is waiting for a container to come from Europe/Asia. Of course not having a well organized order to ensure that container is filled with the right stuff can also be a problem. But not knowing what you (JetCat USA) will need a couple months in advance compounds shortages. So far, I have not ever waited to buy a new JetCat engine. Usually there is one somewhre in the supply stream (e.g. Dreamworks, Chief, etc.). Replacement parts could easily be a different story, ... For all brands!

One of our JetGuys swore off JetCat last Year. Since, he has had a Kingtech, 3 Wrens and now a couple Merlins. Have not seen his Merlins fly yet. So, .. the jury is still out on them. But every other brand he has tried he has had problems with either defective hardware or poorly performing software.

Just because we pay big bucks for our toys does not mean we are NOT subject to all the delays and frustration encountered in dealing with overseas manufacturers. Good things come to those who remember the honey and are patient, ... at least more often than not. In the end, it is just a toy!

Last edited by Len Todd; 01-28-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:53 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 3 Kingtech's now and one Jetcat left, my Jetcat 120 threw a blade about 8 hours after it's first service and I tossed it in the trash. Luckily I was able to land my F-15 without damage. After doing a slow pass, I throttled up and it seized, I was low and slow and just went past me! A lot of credit goes to the F-15 design.

Anyway, I will continue to go through the trouble of sending my one Jetcat turbine to Germany for service. Jetcat Germany is aware of the problems with Jetcat USA, they said that no one else will take the business on so they are stuck with the current management. Great product, bad US service.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:46 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

How did you get Jetcat Germany to service your us bought motors??
Vin...
Old 01-28-2016, 04:50 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Ummm.... one of the issues involved is that JetCat is selling about everything they can make to the German government for drones. We hobbyists are a very small part of what they have going on so if you need something from them, it may take awhile.

I've never had any kind of an issue with John and JetCat USA, but I would suggest that as noted by Len Todd; I've also had good service by calling John directly.

Last edited by Zeeb; 01-28-2016 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:56 PM
Vettster

Originally Posted by Len Todd
I have had a lot of luck calling on the phone and asking for John, if it is a tech issue, and Dennis, if it is an administrative issue. I also keep in mind that: One catches more flies with honey than with vinegar. Just have to keep things in perspective (i.e. No one is dying because of toy delivery delays.) These turbines are toys!

Over the years, I have learned that many service businesses have to be in multiple businesses to survive. This causes confusion and often precludes immediate response to customers, at times. I have found that a lot of patience typically pays off. Unfortunately for us, if a turbine goes down in the flying season, you have to have a spare Turbine (or Plane), especially if you have a short season like us above the Mason-Dixon Line. But in the off-season, who really cares if it takes 15 days or 15 weeks for a part? Of course if you are headed for FL Jets, things could be a little different. Thus, ... have more than one plane or engine. Of course, if the spare is in the shop too, then repair turnaround time may be a factor.

Another souce of delay is waiting for a container to come from Europe/Asia. Not having a well organized order to ensure that a container is filled with the right stuff can also be a problem. But, what happens when a container is washed overboard or lost in the storage yard? These kinds of things happen! Ever lose a set of keys?

We have 11 Jet Guys in our club. There may be one or two brands that I have not seen at the field. But, ... My personal belief, after watching all the issues at the field, is that all brands have troubles. Some of the troubles are our lack of knowledge. Some are just defective parts, etc. Some are a product that was not tested well enough for product release. None of these issues are a direct cause of John's or his tech's. They can't manufacture spare parts and/or whip up new ECU programs. etc.

I also, believe we are subjected to being the beta tester for all new models. Unfortunately for JetCatUSA, they inherit all of JetCat's poor-design/manufacturing problems. Maybe the blame for not getting a part in a timely manner falls on the Manufacturer versus the USA Contact. After all how can JetCat USA stock all the parts for all the models not knowing which toy will break today?? And they have a month or two lead times to deal with.

Another source of delay is waiting for a container to come from Europe/Asia. Of course not having a well organized order to ensure that container is filled with the right stuff can also be a problem. But not knowing what you (JetCat USA) will need a couple months in advance compounds shortages. So far, I have not ever waited to buy a new JetCat engine. Usually there is one somewhre in the supply stream (e.g. Dreamworks, Chief, etc.). Replacement parts could easily be a different story, ... For all brands!

One of our JetGuys swore off JetCat last Year. Since, he has had a Kingtech, 3 Wrens and now a couple Merlins. Have not seen his Merlins fly yet. So, .. the jury is still out on them. But every other brand he has tried he has had problems with either defective hardware or poorly performing software.

Just because we pay big bucks for our toys does not mean we are NOT subject to all the delays and frustration encountered in dealing with overseas manufacturers. Good things come to those who remember the honey and are patient, ... at least more often than not. In the end, it is just a toy!
Is this a form letter Len? lol... a couple of paragraphs are almost copies

Its the middle of winter so who cares? I care! It doesnt give them the right to drag their azz. I need the engine for a half finished model that I want to fly soon with the expected early spring. I also need the engine for layout on my Scratch built jet. Do I really need to explain why I expect my engine to be repaired in a timely fashion?? Its been over 3 months!!! to do a simple bearing job and replace the can. WOW!! is that to much to ask?

I seen a couple of you mention that you need to talk to John when you call.. Where on the repair invoice does it say that you need to talk to John Redmen or you wont get your engine fixed. How about this! The customer sends the engine in.. they fix it in sequence.. then notifies the customer who then pays and they send it back! Non of this secret "you need to ask for this guy stuff" how about they just do their jobs!

Now here's a rundown on what has happened so far.

They received and sign for my P-80se on OCT 23/2015
3 weeks later I call and ask for an update. I am told that the parts must come from Germany and they wont be here till after the NewYear holidays but that she has an estimate. I offer to pay it then, but she says to wait till its done. Fine.. That ok I said.

The holidays pass.

1 week later I call on the progress.. Im told that the parts are here and this is the price.. Im told that they have been waiting for the GO-AHEAD from me?? Well I ofcoase said go-ahead! Would you like me to pay now? No wait till its done and then pay. Ok thats fine.

2 weeks later(Today!) I call for an update.. They said we're waiting on parts!!! WHAT?? You told me 2 weeks ago that you had the parts and we're just waiting for a go-ahead. Linda then ask who said that? I said it was YOU. She then says "well we're waiting on parts" I ask how can we be waiting for parts after 15weeks of waiting?? She replies "well we're waiting on parts" At that point I realized I was talking to someone that really couldn't give a crap what the customer thinks and the conversation ended.

At NO point did I raise my voice or speak down to them. Though I have been made to feel like I was interrupting them. They where probably busy on the other lines telling everyone that their waiting for parts.

On another note.. I have just received a very fare deal from Barry at Kingtech to replace my crashed K100G. Two years ago I sent the engine in and had it back in under 4 weeks!! in the middle of summer!
The new engine arrived in four days.

Now THATS how you treat a customer!! and thats why I will continue to purchase at Kingtech and No Longer at JETCAT

END OF RANT
Old 01-28-2016, 05:02 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

That's one of the great things about this hobby; you can purchase things from which ever vendor you wish.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:07 PM
txshan130
My Feedback: (114)

Every vendor(i.e all the turbine manufacturers) has their issues. It's just not possible to 100% please everybody
Old 01-28-2016, 08:27 PM
FenderBean

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

I have found John Redman to be helpful with my P200 dealt with him a couple times with no long delay. He is a busy guy for sure
Old 01-28-2016, 10:04 PM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a long service time with JetCat and John, but after a talking to John for a minute when not slamed, I have come to realize part of the problem jetcat has is not one kingtec or others may have, and that is the age of out turbines.

As your P80SE is a newer modle yes, but it's parts are share with the old P80 (like my P120 old school) jetcat is evolving, the P90rxi and P100 are in JetCat Germanys replacement for the overly large 18 pound thrust P80 wich except for a few updates is the same as your P80se. As we have to be honest if one was buying a 21 pound turbine new from JetCat no one would buy the larger, thursty, P80 vs the P90.

So when my older first generation P120 need parts it was very hard for JetCat to get as they have really moved on to better designs, but new companys like Kingtec haven't really had that issue, ( except the k180 vs k210)

Was I upset it took so long, yes, but I also relized that is why I have more than one jet.

Jhon will make it right,

Hey at least there still around, I love my (run them to they blow AMT turbines that cost almost as much as kingtecs to get serviced)
Old 01-28-2016, 11:21 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes68charger
I had a long service time with JetCat and John, but after a talking to John for a minute when not slamed, I have come to realize part of the problem jetcat has is not one kingtec or others may have, and that is the age of out turbines.

As your P80SE is a newer modle yes, but it's parts are share with the old P80 (like my P120 old school) jetcat is evolving, the P90rxi and P100 are in JetCat Germanys replacement for the overly large 18 pound thrust P80 wich except for a few updates is the same as your P80se. As we have to be honest if one was buying a 21 pound turbine new from JetCat no one would buy the larger, thursty, P80 vs the P90.

So when my older first generation P120 need parts it was very hard for JetCat to get as they have really moved on to better designs, but new companys like Kingtec haven't really had that issue, ( except the k180 vs k210)

Was I upset it took so long, yes, but I also relized that is why I have more than one jet.

Jhon will make it right,

Hey at least there still around, I love my (run them to they blow AMT turbines that cost almost as much as kingtecs to get serviced)
Sorry to say, but all this may be true for some turbines - but not for AMT Netherlands engines. I have engines going back to 1997 and whilst most have never needed any attention from the AMT factory and never gone back, when I need something done or supplied it was on my doorstep very quickly.

My 2c

Jan
Old 01-29-2016, 05:40 AM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Here in Colorado many of us have had bad service from Jetcat since John Redman took it over. We all are going to other brands of Turbines most of us use KingTech.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:47 AM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know about you guys, BUT I sent my 2 ecu's to Jetcat
for repair, and in 2 days they gave me a quote which I accepted.
In 7-8 days I had my ecu's back home repaired. This was in nov.

hmarmaizmd717
Old 01-29-2016, 06:42 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dionysusbacchus
I have 3 Kingtech's now and one Jetcat left, my Jetcat 120 threw a blade about 8 hours after it's first service and I tossed it in the trash. Luckily I was able to land my F-15 without damage. After doing a slow pass, I throttled up and it seized, I was low and slow and just went past me! A lot of credit goes to the F-15 design.

Anyway, I will continue to go through the trouble of sending my one Jetcat turbine to Germany for service. Jetcat Germany is aware of the problems with Jetcat USA, they said that no one else will take the business on so they are stuck with the current management. Great product, bad US service.
What type of turn around time do you see from jetcat Germany?? Who did you contact at the factory??
Thx
Vin...

Last edited by Vincent; 01-29-2016 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:29 PM
westwind two
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
I have found John Redman to be helpful with my P200 dealt with him a couple times with no long delay. He is a busy guy for sure
Also had issues with some older Jetcat turbines over the year......John went above and beyond to repair and resolve all our problems. All turbine manufactures from day one have had issues from time to time ....... That will never change.

Dave Malchione
Old 01-29-2016, 03:10 PM
Len Todd

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettster
Is this a form letter Len? lol... a couple of paragraphs are almost copies
No it was not a form letter. It was an attempt to help you. Still sounds like you should have talked with John or Dennis. And that may take a few tries, cause when he is in the shop testing, he may not be in a position to be disturbed for a phone call.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:25 PM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

my story, I sent a p100 for service after Christmas, at the same time sent them an email explaining what the issue was, after a week the engine got to them as I got confirmation from UPS, as I didn't have an answer to my email, i sent them another one with no answer either, after a couple days I got an email from them asking for what the problem was so I added the 2 previous emails in my answer, then, once again no answer to it...
A week ago I call them and left a msg on there answering machine also letting them know my email and contact info, I got nothing back...
2 days ago I call them again, this time I got to speck with some lady and she told me the engine was ready, finally today they sent it to me.
I guess 3 weeks is not that much wait, but certainly there is a lack of communication and them checking their emails...
bottom line, happy customer !!
Old 01-29-2016, 05:38 PM
Vettster

Wow..3 weeks for service and I'm going over 15 weeks!!!
Old 01-29-2016, 11:32 PM
haisanjafri

There was a time (P80, P 120, P160) when the product was reliable and the service was A class. But since the introduction of RX series with more plastic & continuously updating software versions, the reliability and the service both have gone down the drain.
Here where I live, flyers are out for change. I selected Behotec.

Regards,
Old 01-30-2016, 09:16 AM
Birdman6310

I recall the OP showing a pic of this damaged turbine in another thread and John Redman waded in and said it could be repaired. He does not seem to be standing by what he said. Don't like the bloke never have
Old 01-30-2016, 12:27 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

My last needed Jetcat service was two years ago. John came over to my tent where I was having trouble starting my Titan SE (yup, old propane start). After more numerous attempts, John said he'd take the engine and fix it.

Not five minutes later, he walks back with a P160sx and says "Here Raf, keep flying and give it back to me when the weekend is up."

My titan SE was back to me and fixed in no time. And I was able to keep flying my new F-100. Now THAT was service. Thanks again John.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:33 PM
Vettster

Hart warming story Raff.. My engine on the other hand is...
15 weeks for bearings and a can!
Thats over 3 months!
1/4 of a YEAR!! and Still Waiting!

Perhaps instead of counting the days gone by.. I should do a count down to the One Year date.

Just 265 days left.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.